Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Build-A-Bear

For Memorial Day Eric and I had the pleasure of accompanying my two nieces and nephew to Build-a-Bear. Another place in Utah county where all your wildest dreams of stuffed animals come true! They had each received a gift certificate for their birthdays. When we walked in Dani, the 3 year old, picked up an un-stuffed bear and says "Oh, I LOVE this one!" (She didn't end up with that one though.) She was so excited. They each picked out a stuffed animal.
Jacee, age 9, picked out a baby cheetah.

Colton, age 5, picked out a turtle. The shell has a zipper so its a backpack and the shell comes off too.

Dani, age 3, picked out a black puppy. In this picture the dog just got stuffed and she has his heart in her hand. She is rubbing it to warm it up so he'll never be cold, rubbed it on her tummy so he'd never go hungry, kissed it so he'd always be loved, and then she put it inside him. How exciting huh?

The next step was to bathe the animals...

It was finally time to pick an outfit and accessories for each animal. Unfortunately I was so intent on helping them dress the animals I forgot to take pictures. But I did get one of Colton with his finished product. Bat Turtle! was his name.

Jacee's cheetah had a pink dress with pink flip flop shoes. Dani had a fairy costume with pink sketcher shoes and a leash. They had a lot of fun and got the animal registerd so if it ever gets lost hopefully someone will turn it in. Thanks for letting Eric and I come to share in the funness at Build-A-Bear!

2 comments:

hannah said...

Wow, that looks like fun! I know, these last 3 years have gone by SO fast! They've been so much fun, though. I love being married, too! No, we're not planning on having kids for another couple of years, probably. What about you guys? :)

Casie said...

uThat looks like so much fun! We took Brig to build-a-bear while at Disneyland and he loved it! He picked the turtle, too! It must be a keeper. I love that you went to Chuck -e- Cheese too! I haven't been there forever!