Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dress the Part/Cosmetic Damage

I decided that everyone that's trying to rip you off should dress like a scumball. Thursday at work an older guy came in and ripped us off, and I should have caught on to what he was doing soon enough to stop him but I didn't because he was a nice looking older guy. It made me lose more faith in people, and decide that if people are willing to rip off a church-owned bookstore they must be pretty big creeps. Friday was a day of definite highs and lows for the Johnsons. Kassi had a long day at work while I had a short day at work followed by incredible tennis fun (even though I lost because I have retained no skill over the 7 years since I began playing). When Kassi got home we went to Wendy's for a light meal because we were planning on having friends over later for games, chatter, and other various merriment. We saw a 14ish looking kid at Wendy's order a large frosty, and they gave him a small so he went back and complained. Once the employees figured out what he wanted (he kept asking for a 20 oz. and they kept asking if that was small medium or large but he couldn't understand what they were asking) they gave him a medium and told him that a medium and the small he got originally added up to more than a large. I thought this was a great solution but he apparently was still confused because he went back and complained again, even though his friends tried to help him understand that he was better off. It was pretty dang funny to watch the wheels grind to a halt in his head while he tried to comprehend that 12oz+14oz is better than 20oz. After that we went home and started cleaning for company. Then the fateful phone call came. Kassi's sister called to enlist help watching her two boys because she's feeling pretty sick. Kassi was sad to cancel on our friends but wanted to help so she went up to help, and got rear-ended in her pretty little Jeep. Tears flowed but everyone is ok, and our car only got a dent that should be pretty easily remedied. The other driver is insured so hopefully (everyone cross your fingers for us) we will only be inconvenienced to get it fixed and not take a financial hit.

5 comments:

Rog said...

That Sucks, Hope the insurance works faster than the one we have to deal with. It's been 4 weeks and we're still waiting. Meh.

Aaron and Kaime said...

Wow, scary. I am Sorry

hannah said...

I'm sorry about your Jeep, Kassi! I hope everything works out for you guys! I hate getting in car accidents. They're the worst! Hey, I was remembering the old days a while ago and I had a funny memory of you. Remember when you turned 16and you were the only one with a licence, so we would drive around the back roads in Delta and we didn't drag main because you were nervous about making u-turns? I can't remember everyone that was there, but it was probably Tasha, Breanne and maybe Emily Taylor? So fun! Those were the days.... :)

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

i get an email every week from this website telling me how big the baby is...it's the size of an apple! anyways, so maybe if you ever have kids you can just think...oh I have an apple in there and then be pleasantly surprised at the cute baby you get in the end!

Natalie said...

Such a bummer that you got hit! Don't worry we just found your blog too and I should have commented when I found it but I didn't think of it. Thanks on the baby, it was kind of a shock but we're really excited!