Friday, July 4, 2008

"A Flavor Odyssey" or "My Mantivities"

So we barbecue now. A while ago we borrowed one of those little tabletop barbecues from Kassi's sister, and I quickly learned that meat is better when it's cooked with flames. It's probably a guy thing. After I fixed a couple meals on that, my uncle gave me a full size grill when he got a new one. I'll admit the new grill is pretty old, and if it were a gift it would be a crappy one, but it's perfect for a hand-me-down. It was pretty dirty though, so I spent the last couple of weeks deep cleaning it, and then I decided to sand the wooden parts and refinish them (another manly activity). So I did that, and it was a bit more of a chore than I expected, and yes I did do a lot of sanding in the apartment. Cuz I'm a guy. Then I vacuumed and wished I hadn't sanded in the apartment. Now it looks pretty good though, and today being the 4th of July it was definitely a great day for the initiatory flame kissed goodness. I did a turkey roast, and it turned out marvelously. I'd have taken some photos if not for the fact that Kassi has the camera in Delta (and I wouldn't want anyone to feel bad for missing out on my perfectly prepared poultry).

Other than the cuisine capers, we have been really busy. Last week we went to St. George with my fam, and got to hang out and relax. It was awesome. We spent all day Friday going wherever the wind blew us, then on Saturday we did more of the same, and followed that with Les Mis at Tuacahn. This week Kassi went down to Delta for the parade and the derby while I worked, and then bbq'd with my mom and sister. We are going to Scipio for a baby blessing on and a good time will be had by all.

3 comments:

hannah said...

Hey Kassi! It sounds like your 4th of July was fun! I LOVE Delta's 4th of July activities. I miss those parades and fireworks. The Gilbert Ranch is in Nevada out in the middle of nowhere! Its like almost 80 miles south of Wendover. Its quite the scenic drive. :)

Devin and Chrissy said...

Hey Kassi and Eric its Chrissy Hood from good ol Delta High. Wow I am finding everyone on here. You guys should add my blog so we can catch up and you can see pictures of my kiddos and me. I hope to talk to you guys soon to catch up so hope you add me.

Lee_Steele said...

Chrissy Hood?! No way! Its Lee from good ole Delta too! How is life?