Thursday, June 26, 2008

Jordin Sparks Concert

I know, I know. Two posts in one day!! It's pretty exciting. I guess that's what happens when I get to do fun stuff and I have the camera with me. Well last night Jordin Sparks was in town and putting on a concert! Since my office is doing some work for the facility that was hosting her concert, we got free tickets!! I was even lucky enough to get some pretty good seats. So I called Eric and told him the exciting news.
Kassi on her cell: "Eric, guess what? I just got two tickets to go watch Jordin Sparks tonight and you don't even have to work so you can come with me!!! Isn't that cool?"
Eric: "Oh yeah. Sounds like a lot of fun..." I can just picture him rolling his eyes.
Kassi: "Well if you don't want to go with me I could call Emily and see if she would like to have a girls night. Should I do that?"
Eric: "Well, that might be a good idea because while I love to spend time with you, I don't think I would enjoy the concert as much as Emily would."
Kassi: "Ok, well I'll call her but if she can't go then you can be my back-up."
Lucky for Eric, Emily canceled her enrichment plans to go with me to Jordin Sparks. Here are some pics of the fun night. (Please forgive me for the way I look. I had just got out of the gym.)
Emily and I waiting in line
Let us not forget that the opening act was a group of four girls called "4 Real." This group has 4 beautiful, skinny, girls with good voices who are all from Utah. Complete with 13 and 14 year olds! (The two 17ish aged boys behind me were a little disappointed to find out that two of the girls were so young but they got over it fast.) They sung a few songs and had some awesome dance moves that the boys behind me also thought were pretty good. For their finale they brought out the one and only (drum roll please) Alex Boye! Yes, the crowd went wild! He even broke out some dance moves. I'm sure you feel bad you missed that. : )Jordin finally came out and the crowd screamed and yelled with glee. Before the end of the concert there was quite the group of little fans ranging from age 6 or so all the way up to adults gathering around the sides of the stage. Pretty exciting stuff.Please notice the lady on the bottom right corner of this picture (above). She was turned around for most of the night looking for someone. They never came. I got sick of her doing it and thought about taking her picture but I held back. I was lucky enough to catch her in this photo though.
And last but not least, my very own picture with Jordin Sparks...I even took Emily's picture with Jordin too. It was a very good show and I really like Jordin. She is very talented and put on a great show! Thanks to my company for giving me the opportunity to have such a fun time!

6 comments:

Brandon and Erica said...

NICE pictures! Two posts in one day. VERY impressive.

And..hilarious, because that lady that kept turning around the whole time: she is the President of the Women's Business (Chamber)!!! I'll have to ask her who she was waiting for. Hahahaha.

Joy said...

You crack me up!

Rappleye Family said...

Oh how fun! Ya me and Roger were driving around that night and saw soooooo many cars and were wondering what the heck? Then we remembered about her Concert! How fun!! I love her too! Thats awesome!!

hannah said...

How fun! I think Jordin Sparks has such a great voice. I'm glad that you and Emily had fun on your little girls night out!

Aaron and Kaime said...

I love the new layout. Great Job!!

Casie said...

That's cool that you got to go see Jordin in concert and with Em, I bet it was good times. It was so much fun seeing you guys. Thanks for stopping in Cedar and having lunch with us. We loved it!