Thursday, July 16, 2009

Other News

This past weekend was a bit crazy for us. On Saturday July 11th I was driving home from West Jordan and my car started beeping. I looked down and realized that my needle was all the way to the Hot side. Not good. So I was able to pull over on the side of the freeway and I shut off my car. I'm so grateful for cell phones. I called my dad who told me to pop the hood and see if I had any antifreeze or if I could see any broken belts. Luckily I was just out of antifreeze. So I called Eric and he wasn't having the best night at work and he couldn't leave because they were understaffed and he was the only supervisor there. So luckily my bro-in-law and sister were able to come from West Jordan to bring me some antifreeze. I made it home and didn't drive the jeep until Monday when I took it to the shop. They found the water pump was leaking pretty bad so about $500.00 later and the jeep is as good as new. Or so I hope.

On Sunday I got a new calling. The bishop called Eric and asked if we could come see him. I just got a new call in May to the compassionate service committee so I was a bit sad to be getting a new calling because I was liking the one I was in. So the bishop gave me a new call to serve as the first counselor in the primary presidency! The best part is that since we go to a student family ward that the primary consists of Nursery and Sunbeams! So I get to teach sharing time to a sunbeam class each month. It will be good practice for me because if I mess up they won't care as long as I have some fruit snacks to give them. :) It will be interesting.

4 comments:

Rappleye Family said...

Fruit snacks are the best part!

Mudrow Memories said...

I'm glad you're okay after breaking down on the freeway. That's a little scary. You are going to be fabulous at your new calling! Those little kids are going to love you! Lucky them!

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Hi there! I'm so glad I found your blog. It's fun to see what you are up to.
Congrats on your new calling. That is a lot of fun. I teach the 11-12 year olds and Brett is the bouncer. Not as much fun as the little kids! :-)
You guys are so cute in your bunny ears picture!

Erica said...

Car troubles are the worst. On our way back from Utah we got a flat tire. It made a really long day and even longer day so I can totally sympathize with you.

Good luck in your new calling, I know you'll be great!