Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

So Easter was great for us this year. I had to work until about 10 on Saturday night so we missed out on 10 cent hot dogs in Delta, but we drove home that night and got to be there when Ben opened his mission call. He is going to the California Long Beach mission, and he will be speaking spanish, and he leaves on June 11, I think. We're all pretty excited that he is going stateside (I think Mom is the most excited) and that he's learning a language. We're also excited that two years from now it will be pretty convenient to go pick him up (assuming he wants us to).Mostly we're excited that he's excited. After visiting with my fam until pretty late we went to the Beard's and partook in the egg hunt and the basket pilfering and whatnot. Our nephews and nieces on Kassi's side are cute enough that they remind me of the words of King Agrippa (obscure bible reference) when he said something to the effect of "almost thou persuadest me to be a christian." The cuteness almost persuadest me to be a parent. One of these days it'll happen. So we spent all day sunday with our families and then came home to a clean apartment becuase Kassi was great and cleaned it on Saturday while I was at work. the end

7 comments:

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

Holy crap! When did you get a blog, that makes me more excited than being pregnant! Yes, I am, I'm not far enough along to go to the doctor yet, but around April 10th is when I can make my first appointment, and we'll find out if that 1 in 12 chance of having twins again is going to kick in...hmm.

Casie said...

We went to Delta 4th Ward with my mom on Sunday and Ben got up to announce his call. He is so funny. That's exciting! You guys really need to go to 4th Ward sometime when we are both in town so we can visit in person for a minute. You guys can babysit Brig so maybe Josh and I can hear the sacrament talks for a change. Haha!

Brandon and Erica said...

I am sooo glad you are blogging. If I weren't already a blogger, I would almost say that you were persuading me to blog! :-)
Great job, guys. Great job.

Rappleye Family said...

Ha ha! Sounds like your Easter was fun! We were wondering if you were in town! We got some of those 10 cent hot dogs!

hannah said...

You guys are so cute together! You seem so happy! It sounds like you had a fun easter! :)

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

ha ha ha...ohhh gail

Anonymous said...

HI!!!! I had no clue you guys were blogging! We're big Wii people as well, and I am trying to talk brian into getting guitar hero!! CONGRATS BEN!!! I missed that announcement as well!