Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Angels are singing Hallelujah! (And so is my boss)

I know, three blogs in one week! It's very unlike us but it has been very eventful and exciting. This blog is about my job. I have been working at the same place for 4 years (almost 4.5) and one of my responsibilities is to reconcile our checking account each month. Well, I have no degree in accounting and not much background in in it either so I had no idea what I was supposed to be doing with it. It was hard getting help because my boss is the only one who can help me and he is always super busy, not to mention the fact that I am a professional procrastinator! Sad but true. It came time for my 4 year review and raise and I still had not done any reconciliations. So it was finally time to learn how to do it and get them done. I have been working for about 5 months to catch up on them and now I am a professional reconciliator (that is not a real word but it is now ;) ) of checking accounts! Two and a half years of procrastination has certainly taught me a lesson. I learned why it is a bad idea to procrastinate and what the consequences are as I have been working to get them done. I am proud to announce that today I completed my last reconciliation and I am up to date. So I will only have to do them on a monthly basis now!! I have worked really hard and have even come in at night to try to catch up on them. My boss is just as excited because now we can do the important stuff like file our taxes, run reports for profit sharing, see how much money we really have in the bank account etc. you know, stuff like that. :)

Here is a picture of me holding all of the months of reconciliations I have had to do and complete. It was heavy!Now that I am done I am letting Eric take me to lunch and I'll be asking about my raise! Hallelujah, Hallelujah! I never thought I'd see this day and I'm glad it is finally here.

2 comments:

Aaron and Kaime said...

Congrats, i know how excited you are. Now go get that raise.

Mudrow Memories said...

Oh Kassi, I just love you! I'm so glad you caught up with your work!