Monday, September 22, 2008

What a great Wife! (A tribute with Pictures)

So yesterday was my dear wife's 25th birthday, and in commemoration of this historic event I thought I'd share a few thoughts on why Kassi is so great, and if I can figure out how, I'll add some pictures too.


This one is Kassi's first birthday. Even though in this picture she looks more scared than anything else she really does love spending time with friends and family, which is great and definitely one of the things I love about her. We had a birthday party on Saturday, and had people from her and my family show up, it was great. We are both really blessed to have fun and supportive families that we enjoy doing stuff with. We got some great pics from this year's party that I think Kassi will add later (probably at the same time she takes down some of the ones I'm about to put up because she doesn't want them publicly displayed.)







Here is Kassi goofing around, which is something she still enjoys doing. She is pretty lighthearted, and she can almost always whip out something funny to lighten the mood, or pull me out of a stress-induced funk. I love that she doesn't take herself too seriously, and that she knows how to make me laugh, and help me out when I am down. Apparently she is also a Kix kid.





This one is Kassi wearing a hat that I sent her when I was on my mission. I'm pretty sure that is the only time she has worn it, but she pretended to like it long enough that to make me happy. She has done this with a few presents I've given her which is pretty ok with me. She's also let me know on a couple occasions that there are some gifts she would not like, such as nintendo games or new tennis rackets with handles that are too big for her hand but mysteriously just right for mine. Kassi is pretty good to let me know what she wants for birthdays and such, and she is really easy to shop for once. I know I can't go wrong if I just look for something she'll enjoy rather than stuff that's secretly for me. That might seem like an odd thing to love about a person, but it makes my life easier when I know what to get her, or that she'll be happy with my efforts as long as they are sincere



This one I added because I thought she looked really good. I think it's the first time I saw her with short hair, and she looks great, doesn't she? Really she's done a few different things with her hair and appearance since I've known her, and it just keeps getting better, and just like her looks get better, she gets better too. We've known each other for about 7 years now and been married for just over 3, and I love the person she is, and the little changes that have come into her personality. We have a great time together, and I love that I get the prospect of spending more time with her throughout our lives. I love you Kassi.











This one just made me laugh, and it wouldn't surprise me if it somehow disappears shortly after it gets posted.





8 comments:

Mike and Becca Ibach said...

I love it!! You two are so perfect together. Enjoy your birthday week and hopefully we will see you soon. We were really sad we weren't able to make it this weekend:( Hope it was great.

Maren and Ryan Meldrum said...

awwww this is crazy sweet, yay birthdays :)

Jonesy said...

This is fabulous! Very sweet :)

hannah said...

Happy 25th Kassi!!! I Hope you had a wonderful day. These pictures Eric posted are so cute! He's such a sweet husband do to a cute little tribute like this for you! ;)

felicialee said...

Happy Birthday friend! I know you love those birthdays and it looks like it was a great one. Tell Eric I loved the pictures. You two are so cute!!

Mudrow Memories said...

I love your blog! At first I thought I was at the wrong place because I didn't recognize Kassi's baby pic. It's adorable! Now I'll be able to keep up more with you guys too!

Casie said...

Happy birthday, Kassi! Eric, that is such a sweet post. Looks like you made your wife's big day a good one. Don't worry about the buying a gift for her that is really for you, I think every guy does that! It still made me laugh to read about though.

Erica said...

Hope you had a great Birthday Kass! What a sweet and thoughtful thing for Eric to do for you. You guys make a great team!